When I say sales script, I’m talking word for word, written down, what you’re going to say when you connect with someone about your business.
It might seem silly, but when you’re feeling a little anxious about making a phone call or talking about your business, it really helps to know exactly what you are going to say.
Don’t wing it!
You will regret it!
Here are 5 tips for creating a great sales script:
- Set an objective: What is the goal of the conversation? Are you booking an appointment, asking for the sale or simply following up? Knowing what you want to get out of the conversation is important.
- Add in intentional questions to your script: Not drill sergeant type questions, but ones that promote conversation. Once a question is asked, your goal is to listen! 1-2 great questions can go a long way in a conversation.
- Be intentional and concise: Say what you want to say as directly as possible. People are busy. Get your point across quickly, with as few words as possible.
- Make sure you include a Call to Action in your script: What action do you want the person to take after your conversation? Book an appointment? A follow-up call? Buy something? You need to give your customers some direction! Without direction, your customer rarely just takes action on their own. It’s your job to ensure you tell them the next step.
- Be yourself! Always: Add in your own personality and flare! This is what people want. People buy from people.
Do you currently use scripts?
Have I convinced you to start?
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you need help creating your own script for a sales conversation, make sure to set up a 30 min complimentary call with Laura to get you started. Just send an email to Lskjelmose@Live.ca to book your time.
Laura Skjelmose, The Inspired Sales Coach, is a Sales Professional with over 16 years of corporate, business to business and MLM sales experience. She currently owns a successful business selling doTERRA Essential Oils and Coaching others to have success in their own businesses. Laura is passionate about helping business owners see selling as necessary in their business, but one that can be fun and enjoyable.
Connect with Laura if you would like help with how to sell your product or service.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]