Have you been thinking about starting your own Facebook Group to build a community? A place for potential and current clients to continue benefiting from you?
The value of having your own group is the power it has to help you to build your client list:
It becomes a place where members can feel safe, can learn, can interact, can get to know you and what you have to offer. However, you definitely don’t want to make it a group strictly for promoting your products/services. It has to be a place where you are providing value. A place where the members, your tribe, feel that they are getting something out of it as well.
Once you have created your group, you want to make sure that you are active within it on a daily basis. However, you don’t want to spam the group. You need to respect that people don’t want to be receiving notifications all day from you and the group itself. This will lead to them turning the notification feature off, which in turn, will cause them to not visit the group daily – if at all.
Coming up with daily content that is engaging can be overwhelming, so here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Ask questions – Depending on the type of group you have created (whether is community-based or specific to your business), use these prompts to get you started:
- Plans for holiday weekends
- Choosing between two products/services
- Favourite things/places
- Share articles
- Find articles on Google that are of value to the members of the group
- Think about theme posts: Positivity, Goals, Success, Life, Business Tips
- If you are blogging, make sure to post your blog in the group with a link to drive the traffic to your website
- Promote themselves
- Give the members an opportunity to promote themselves, especially if it is all business owners in your group
- Instagram Share Link Day
- Facebook Business Page Share Link Day
- Specials being offered
- Free offerings
- Anytime you can offer them something from your business that is free, promote it and tell them the value of the free offering
- Keeping with the theme of the group, share motivational/inspirational quotes, songs, etc.
Things you should consider:
- Have a visual with every post you do (check out www.pixabay.com for free stock photos)
- Doing Live videos where you are offering value and, in some cases, Split Live videos where you are interviewing/having a conversation with someone else who provides value to the group, are always a good thing
- Invite new members to the party with a welcome post every time someone joins the group and ask them to tell everyone about who they are and what they do
- Share your Business Page posts into the group, once or twice per week, BUT make sure they are of value to the members and not just promotional or spam.
There is a HUGE value to having your own group now that Facebook has changed the algorithms, so I encourage you to put a plan together of how you want to grow and make the most out of a community that you can create.